DETAILS ABOUT OUR “SAVE UNDERSHAW” MEET UP IN PARIS ON MAY 8TH
- The meeting point is set at 3PM next to the “Mur de la Paix” on the Champs de Mars. The “Mur de la Paix” is located at the end of the Champs de Mars, towards Ecole Militaire. It is a transparent monument with the word “Peace” written in several languages. Here is the exact location on Google Maps : http://maps.google.fr/maps?hl=fr&rls=ig&q=mur+de+la+paix+paris&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1249&bih=588&wrapid=tlif133607018033010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl / And Images of the wall : https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1249&bih=588&q=mur+de+la+paix&gbv=2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=5NmiT7nzFcaR0QWls6HICA
- If the weather allows, we will meet at 1PM for a picnic in the Champs de Mars park. For the moment, Meteo France forecast says “localized showers”. I guess we will have to wait until Sunday to have a clearer idea, so we will let you know shortly. The meeting point would be the same (Mur de la Paix) and everyone should bring its own food.
- We will of course do a group picture with the message “Save Undershaw” in front of the Eiffel Tower. Feel free to bring your own banners as well, creativity is welcomed. We also plan to do a Sherlock Holmes related quizz and maybe a song !
- Then, we will end our meeting in a nearby Pub (as any proper meeting should end !)
- Costumes / cosplay are welcomed but not compulsory. Can be BBC Sherlock or Victorian or anything Sherlock related.
- If you are planning to attend, please send me a private message with your pseudo and/or real name. This will help us to have an idea of the number of participants. If you need it, we can also give you a cell phone contact number if you are afraid not to find us (but just follow the deerstalkers and everything should be fine).
- I also take this opportunity to announce our Monthly Meeting which will take place on May 9th in Paris as well. This meeting is held every second Wednesday of each month, so it is a coïncidence that it happens the following day of our special event. You can meet us from 6PM at the Galway Pub, located on 13 Quai des Grands Augustins (Metro St Michel). We will be at the first floor, just look for fun people around a table with plenty of Sherlock Holmes books on it. Again all of you are welcomed to join. Please drop a me a little message if you are planning to attend.
- So I guess this is it for today. If you have questions please ask them ! And let’s show the world that Paris is there for “Save Undershaw”.